As effective as the HCG diet can be, one of the most difficult aspects of the diet is to quickly figure out the dos and the don’ts to be successful. Sometimes the information that is needed to have success is overwhelming and can take time to figure out. Hopefully, this will be helpful in figuring out quickly some of basic dos and don’ts of the HCG diet.
- Do not skip phase one. The loading phase is important to load the body with needed fat reserves and gives the body time to absorb the HCG.
- Make sure that all spices, condiments, and sweeteners are HCG safe. Do not use sugar butter, oil or dressing. Remember to read labels, many spices and condiments do contain sugar! One of the approved brands of sweeteners is Stevia.
- If you find it hard to eat only two meals a day, it is allowed to take a fruit and/or melba toast or breadstick from your meals and have an additional two snacks a day. But remember that it was taken from the meal and do not add them back into your meal creating a caloric intake of over 500 for the day. Keep track so that you do not overeat.
- Always weigh your meats (protein) at exactly 100 g (3.5 oz) before being cooked, cut off excess fat before weighing and cooking.
- Weigh every morning consistently, approximately the same time, the same types of clothes, and use reliable, quality scale. Record your daily weight. To physically see your weight drop on a daily basis will help you stay motivated.
- Do not eat foods that are not a part of the HCG diet protocol.
- Do not cheat! Keep a journal of your daily food intake. This will help you beware and accountable for the foods you are eating and the amounts. It will also help you to see if certain foods affect your weight loss and see what food mistakes you may be making.
- While exercise is discouraged on the HCG diet, light exercise such as walking, stretching, or swimming for 15 to 30 minutes is recommended.
- Do not consume alcohol, diet drinks or powder drink mixes. Acceptable drinks on the HCG diet are water, tea, and black coffee. Remember to drink as lots of water!
- Do not mix vegetables in your meals or eat the same meat (protein) for lunch and dinner.
Check out some of the best HCG drops on the market 2017
To be successful on the HGC diet you must follow protocol. There is help available sources for all questionable dos and don’ts both in Dr. Simeons manuscript and on a variety of websites. Just remember, do not do it on your own and create a personal protocol that is not successful. Always follow the established HCG diet protocol.