How to Build the Perfect Body at Home
Do you want to build some muscle, but don’t want to go to a gym? That’s fine, there’s plenty of people like you. Not going to the gym doesn’t have to affect your progress, you can get a great workout in at home! In this article, we’ll cover some great home workout bodybuilding programs, and splits.
Working out in the comfort of your home instead of a gym sounds appealing to a lot of people. Despite your reasons for not wanting to go to the gym, you can still build a great physique with some basic lifting equipment from your home. All you really need is a flat bench, a few sets of dumbbells, a barbell, and some weight plates.
Below are our top three home workout programs:
Full Body Workout
A full body workout is a great place to start if you are a beginner. Doing full body workouts will give you a solid foundation from which to build on, and will help you make tremendous progress. Make sure that you use proper form for all exercises listed below, and if you are not sure what proper form for a specific exercise is, take a look around our site.
- Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell lunges: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell calf raises: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell rows: 3 sets for 8-12 reps
- Pushups: 3 sets for as many reps as possible
- Dumbbell shoulder press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Side lateral Raises: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell overhead triceps extensions: 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell curl: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
This is a very basic workout, so I recommend only doing it if you are a beginner. Use this work out three times a week, giving your body enough rest in-between workouts. Doing this workout on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday would be a good place to start.
Upper & Lower Split
The upper and lower bodybuilding split is the next workout you should consider. This type of split gives you some more diversity in the exercises, and it increases your workout frequency from a total body style workout split. As you can probably guess, the workouts are split into upper body and lower body days.
- Bench press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bent over rows: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell pec fly’s: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Standing shoulder press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Side lateral raises: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Close grip bench press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bicep curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Deadlift: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Barbell squat: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell lunges: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell calf raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hack squats: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Reverse lunges: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
These are our most recommended bodybuilding splits, as they incorporate a good amount of volume, while giving your body enough time to rest and recover. But, if you’re looking for some other home bodybuilding workouts, something more commercial like the Body Beast workout program might be better suited for you. You can learn more about Body Beast by reading some Body Beast reviews anywhere online.
Now, having a great workout routine is good and all, but if you’re not eating properly then it will be all for nothing. You know the saying that “80% of your results come from your diet, 20% from your workout routine”, well that saying couldn’t be more true!
If you have a bad diet, it doesn’t matter how good your training routine is, your results will be much worse. It’s important that you get enough protein, carbohydrates, and fats to get the best results. A good macronutrient ratio to start with is 30/30/40, meaning 30% of your calories come from proteins and fats, and the other 40% from carbohydrates. You can adjust this as you see fit and you find out what works best for you.
Working out at home doesn’t mean you can’t get great results. Sure, there are limitations as to what you can do, but that doesn’t mean much. As you can see from the workout programs mentioned above, there are plenty of exercises that you can do, and those are just two workouts! There are literally dozens of workouts that you can do more research on.
Stop making up excuses as to why you can’t get the body of your dreams at home, because you can. Get some basic gym equipment, get yourself on a good diet, and follow these workouts and you will get results.